Nuclear Rush is a punishing, gritty cross country race on muddy Essex farmland.
Heavily loaded with over 50 man-made and natural obstacles. There are two race distances available to run on the day: 12km & 6km.
Run together with like minded people of all ages, backgrounds & athletic abilities and be pushed to your limits both mentally & physically.
It will be exhilarating, challenging, tough and fun. As well as racing as an individual - group entries are also welcome as our events provide a great team building opportunity.
12k Nuclear Rush 'Onslaught' - 11 May 2014£1,000 prize money; £300 1st male/female, £150 2nd male/female, £50 3rd male/female. Starts at 10am
12k Nuclear Rush - 11 May 201412k Adults.
6k Nuclear Rush 'Stampede' - 11 May 20146k Adults & Teen - Half the course just as much fun.
What to Expect from Nuclear Rush
- Every entrant is chip timed
- Every entrant receives medal & technical t-shirt
- New course layout, choice of two distances
- New 6km Stampede course, min. age 13yrs
- Start times in waves, 350 per wave
- Elite ‘Onslaught’ race for nutters/elite entrants - for prize money
- Fancy dress (and prizes for best outfits & most muddy)
- Free parking next to the event village
- Large event village with family entertainment, music, good food & drink
- Dedicated viewing areas for spectators: great access to obstacles
- Participants running for charities, raising awareness & fundraising
- Challenging but suitable for all fitness abilities
- Camaraderie & an unforgettable experience
- Mains connected water stations on the course & at start/finish
- On site emergency medics & course fully health & safety checked
EXPECT: Classic Obstacles including:
- Tyre pits
- Walls Ramps
- Cargo crawls/nets
- Water wades
- Mud pits
- Deep trenches
- Straw stacks
- Water Slides
- Bomb holes
EXPECT: New huge & exciting SIGNATURE obstacles, such as:
- Zip wires over water
- The NEW "Nuclear Slide"
- Half pipe
- 100 metre monkey bars
- Tarzan swings
- Ice pit
And more which will remain a surprise for you on the day!